According to PennDOT, construction teams will be resurfacing different deteriorated areas of I-476 over the next two months.
This project began in our area on Sunday, August 10th. Parts of the Blue Route in Haverford and Radnor townships, Lower Merion township, Delaware County, and Montgomery County are among the designated construction spots.
This week specifically, crews will be resurfacing I-476 between I-76 and Lancaster Avenue (Route 30) as well as between West Chester Pike and Montgomery Avenue. The majority of work will be happening on weeknights between 9 pm and 5 am, so motorists can expect lane closures and delays during that time.
The Haverford Patch also relayed the other construction areas you can beware of until late September:
- Northbound travel lanes between the Route 3 (West Chester Pike) and U.S. Route 30 (Lancaster Avenue) interchanges in Delaware County;
- Northbound right lane from the Delaware County line to the Montgomery Avenue overpass, just south of the Interstate 76 Interchange in Montgomery County;
- Northbound middle lane at the Montgomery Avenue overpass in Montgomery County;
- Southbound right lane from the County Line Road overpass to the Route 30 (Lancaster Avenue) Interchange in Delaware County;
- Southbound middle and right lanes from just south of the Marple Road overpass to the Route 3 (West Chester Pike) Interchange in Delaware County;
- Southbound middle lane at Marple Road in Delaware County; and
- Southbound acceleration lane and right lane from the Interstate 76 East on-ramp to the Delaware County line.
If you would like to check the status of I-476 or any other major highways before hitting the road, you can do so for free at 511PA.com.