Sometimes, people ask us where different car manufacturers are headquartered. We put together this list of some of the most common car manufacturers in the 3 most common places they’re made: Europe, Asia, and the United States.
- Italy: Fiat, Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Lancia, Maserati
- Germany: BMW, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Volkswagen
- Japan: Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Suzuki, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Acura, Infiniti, Lexus
- South Korea: Hyundai, Kia
- United States: Dodge, Pontiac, Ford, Jeep, GMC, Chrysler, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Chrysler, Tesla
Countries Who Produce the Most Cars
Here are the 5 countries who produce the most cars. These numbers are from 2016:
- China: 24,420,744 cars, 33.9% of the total global production.
- Japan: 7,873,886 cars, 10.9% of the total global production.
- Germany: 5,746,808 cars, 8% of the total global production.
- USA: 3,934,357 cars, 5.5% of the total global production.
- South Korea: 3,859,991 cars, 5.4% of the total global production.