According to AAA Mid-Atlantic, many are choosing local destinations for Spring Break trips. This means that many will be driving for these trips rather than flying, and creating a surplus of Spring Break road trips. Some of the top driving destinations include:
- New York City
- Washington DC
- Clearwater, FL
- Virginia Beach
If you’re planning to travel to one of these destinations, make sure you’re ready for your time out on the road. Although some of these places are only a few hours away, you’ll still want to be as safe and as comfortable as possible. Here are our tips to prepare for your best Spring Break road trip:
- Check your tires, brakes, and windshield wipers before you leave. Be proactive with possible road troubles.
- Clean and vacuum the inside of your car. You may even stow a few blankets in the back seat so passengers can get comfortable.
- Pack a car charger for your cell phone.
- Have a backup plan in case of traffic. It might be a good idea to check out some back roads on your phone or GPS.
- Make sure all car documents, such as your registration and proof of insurance, are up to date and readily available.
Follow these tips to make your trip run just a little smoother. After all, no one likes a stressful vacation. For more information about vacation car maintenance, check out a previous blog post.