The U.S. Open Championship is scheduled to take over the local turf at Merion Golf Club in Ardmore from June 10 to 16.
Local Roads Closed for US Open
With 175,000 spectators anticipated, the event is sure to make a traffic nightmare for local residents. Major delays are likely to occur during peak spectator arrival and departure times (7-11 a.m. and 3:30-7:30 p.m.).
A number of roads will be closed during the championship. Here’s a list of road closures taken from a Patch article.
- Haverford Road, between College Avenue and Ardmore Avenue – Closed June 9-17, 24 hours.
- Golf House Road, between College Avenue and Ardmore Avenue – Closed June 8-17, 24
- Ardmore Avenue, between Darby Road and Haverford Road – Closed June 9-17, 24 hours.
- College Avenue will become one way for local residents towards Haverford Road beginning at the eastern intersection of Coopertown Road/College Avenue – During June 10-17, 24 hours.
- West Ardmore Avenue between Darby Road and Ellis Road – Closed June 10-17, from 6 a.m.–9 p.m. (resident traffic only).
- Ellis Road between West Ardmore Avenue and Lawrence Road – Closed June 10-17, from 6 a.m.–9 p.m. (resident traffic only).
- Golfview Road between Ardmore Avenue and Sunnybrook Lane – Closed June 9-17, 24 hours.
A detour signage plan utilizing Lancaster Avenue (U.S. 30) and Wynnewood Road will be implemented to facilitate vehicular movement around the planned Haverford Road closure.
For more information about the 2013 U.S. Open and for transportation updates, visit www.USOPEN.com.