As with any holiday weekend, Halloween is certainly a time to enjoy yourself but to also beware of impaired drivers on the road. No mask, makeup, or costume, will be able to disguise the dangers of drunk driving. This year, the Philadelphia area is lucky enough to have a Temple football game happening the same night so that even those who don’t enjoy Halloween will have something to celebrate.
If you’ll be hosting a Halloween party this weekend, make sure all of your guests have designated drivers. Uber is always an option as well! If you happen to be the designated driver of the evening, keep these tips from AAA in mind to spot impaired drivers on the road:
- Driving too slow or too fast for conditions.
- Crossing the center line repeatedly.
- Signaling inconsistent with driving.
- Swerving, weaving or drifting between lanes and the sides of the road.
- Accelerating and braking rapidly.
- Driving with the headlights off at night, or failing to dim high beams.
- Making wider turns than necessary.
- Responding slowly to traffic signals (sudden stops, delayed starts).
- Driving into opposing traffic.
- Driving too closely to other vehicles or objects.
- Stopping without cause.
- Turning abruptly or illegally.
If you see any drivers exhibiting these behaviors, do your best to stay away from them and contact police. And most importantly, enjoy your Halloween!