Is your car covered in white residue from road salt? Are there stray gloves, candy wrappers, and other pieces of debris scattered across your back seat?
Spring cleaning typically refers to cleaning your home, but it’s a good idea to give your car the same love. A clean car will make for a comfy ride on all your summer road trips.
Tips for Refreshing Your Vehicle For Spring
1. Wipe Down Your Windows: After all that winter driving, your windows could use some TLC. Thoroughly wipe them down with glass cleaner so they are clear and shiny. Wipe down your mirrors and lights too, while you’re at it.
2. Clean Carpeting and Upholstery: These can soak up a ton of dirt and dust. With spring allergies in full swing, the last thing you need is more irritants in the mix. Wipe down the seats using a damp towel or a carpet-cleaning machine.
3. Eyes on the Exterior: Most often, a thorough wash of your vehicle’s exterior is a must after the winter season. Make sure to clear out any leftover winter debris from cracks and crevices.
4. Don’t Forget the Hood and Trunk: Leaves and other debris tend to collect underneath the openings.
5. Get Your Wipers Replaced: Road salt can wreak havoc on your poor wiper blades. It’s likely time for a new set.