How to Get Ready for Tailgating Season
It’s football season. Are you ready to transform your vehicle into a mobile kitchen? Read below for our top tailgating tips and you will have your roaming roast in order before the next Eagles game!
Our Top Tailgating Tips
- Use a tool box to keep essentials organized. Fill one compartment with tongs, skewers, and other tools. Use another for barbecue sauce, ketchup, and spices. Make sure to include moist towelettes, rain ponchos, and bug spray!
- Take care of your prep-work beforehand so you can spend less time cooking, and more time having fun! Cut, skewer, and marinate your meat the night before. Shape burger patties and store them between sheets of waxed paper. Slice burger toppings while you’re at it. Keep them organized in a disposable casserole dish.
- When you’re drinking adult beverages and sweating over a hot grill, hydration is essential. Instead of ice, try using frozen water bottles in your cooler. That way, you’ll have cold drinking water when they melt.
- No one likes cleaning up, but there are tools you can bring that will make the process a breeze. Bring a large plastic tub. When you’re ready to clean up, line the tub with a garbage bag and pack in your dirty dishes. Be sure to have lots of extra trash bags so you can round up garbage as you go.
- Improvise an invisible table! Attach magnets to drink koozies so that you can hold them in place using the body of your car.